What is Parent coaching?
Parent coaching can help you navigate through your parenting challenges. Using a “looking at the light” approach, the coach strives to uncover the positive and the possible within the family. The task is to help the parent find what is working in their current situation and then build upon those strengths. The coach provides focus and structure to the change process, allowing you to get in touch with your core values and inner-wisdom so that you can identify your deepest desires for your family. Together we create a plan forward to manifest your dream.
How is coaching different from therapy?
- Therapists work with clients to heal past wounds until ‘closure’ is achieved.
- Coaches deal in the present with clients who are ready to move forward.
- Coaches provide current research and information to educate clients and provide them with new skills to address their challenges.
- Therapists work with pathology and illness
- Coaches work to make healthy clients better.
- Coaches guide and support the client on their journey for personal development
What can I expect when working with Helen?
- A qualified Professional who helps you cultivate a stronger relationship with your child.
- A coach knowledgeable in child development who shares researched-based best practices for supporting your child’s optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual growth.
- A skilled educator who will teach you new skills for fostering cooperation, communication, and connection with family members.
- An empathetic ally who supports your time-line for growth.
- A collaborator who works with you to plan a path forward toward more harmony and joy in your family.
- A skilled practitioner who can guide you through your personal development journey using hypnotherapy , cognitive behavioural therapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming techniques.